LAB 4: SEMESTER FINAL
- Based on what you have learned about ions, charges, atomic masses, atomic structure,
the periodic table, moles, volume, molarity, etc., can you predict the behavior in an electric field of a salt that has two
+ charges per atom instead of one
Design an experiment to test that prediction:
- Question: What is the effect on electric current of using a salt with atoms that have two positive charges each instead of one?
- Hypothesis (your prediction for how this salt will compare to NaCl).
- Test description
- Data Analysis (graphs, calculations, formulas used)
- Conclusion -
- restate hypothesis
- hypothesis right or wrong
- defense of your conclusion using data to support your arguments.
- Do the experiment (Final day)
Final Report Form
- Cover Page - Title, authors, Science 3, date
- Experiment #1 - NaCl
Experiment #2 - CsCl
Experiment #3 - NaCl vs KCl
Experiment #4 - NaCl vs CaCl2