Ecology Issue Paper
Students will research and write a letter concerning an issue of national interest to the president of the United States.
- Choose a current issue of interest, such as air pollution or saving the spotted owl.
- Find four sources on the topic from library sources, such as the Internet, newspapers, encyclopedias, news magazines, ect.
- Write a paragraph synopsis of each source.
- Write a paragraph evaluation of each source.
- For each source make a decision on how the issue affects you and the nation and put this information into a chart that has the headings Pro, Con and Neutral.
- Using the information gained in steps 1-5, write a statement that you believe to be true concerning the issue.
- Using all the information gathered, write a "flawless" letter to the president about your issue.
- Send the letter to the president either via E-mail or regular post office mail.