"The Whole Cell Catalogue"
There is not much that you cannot buy by mail-order any more.
There are catalogs for just about anything you can think of.
Your task in this assignment is to create a catalog for something
that there may not be a market for yet, but you never know about
the future. Your catalog will be for the major organelles in
- Get into groups as instructed by your teacher.
- Decide which individual in your group will be responsible for
the catalog page describing each of the following organelles:
||Any one other organelle
- Use textbooks or other references to look up information on
the organelle you were assigned.
- Design a page in your catalog for your organelle. Your page
must include a written description of your organelle, a sales
pitch, the price for the organelle, and a full-color diagram to
illustrate your "product." Check with other group members
to be certain that the price for your organelle is reasonable
compared to theirs. Be sure to leave a 1.5" margin on the
left and 1" margins on all other edges.
- Your group will need to design a cover for your catalog.
- Your group will also need to produce a Table of Contents which
will be the first page inside the cover of your catalog. This
should be done last and should include the following information:
|Cell Membrane||J. Student
Just a note, your teacher will fill in the "points"
column with your grade.
- Your final grade on this assignment will combine your individual
page grade and a "group" grade from the entire catalogue.
assignment will be graded on accuracy, neatness, and creativity.
Make it g-o-o-o-d!