Experimental Design: Yeast Extraction
You are to design an experiment to extract DNA from yeast, run the
experiment, and then do a lab write-up with your results.
- Investigate yeast cell type as well as yeast cell characteristics.
- Study the protocols for onion, wheat germ, bacteria, and thymus.
- Based on what you have learned about yeast and its characteristics, design an experiment to extract DNA from your yeast.
- Run the experiment.
- Complete a lab write-up that includes:
- Justification of protocol used
- Results and conclusions
Wheat Germ |
Lima Bean Bacteria |
Data Sheet and Questions |
Design Your Own DNA Extraction Protocol |
Teacher Information | References