Figure 1. X-FILE INITIAL PLANNING FORM
>From Thompson, Michael. (1997). "Believing the Truth IS Out There: A Science and Math School Uses Language as the Heart of Its Curricular Connections." English Journal. v86. n7. Pages 98-102. November 1997.
- Identify 10 things you already know about your XFile subject.
- List five ways that you can apply what you know about language or grammar to investigating your subject.
- What are some possible sources of information about your subject? Be specific.
- List ten questions you have about your subject.
- Identify some possible drawings, photos, or diagrams that might illustrate your dossier.
- Identify some possible math data or statistical evidence you might use to explain your subject.
- List five areas related to your subject that might be worth investigating for connections to communications.
- List five people you know who might give you some assistance in your investigation.
Reveiw and comments by Chuck Downing, Ph.D.
Back to the beginning