Enzyme Action: Testing Catalase Activity
Find the rate of enzyme activity
The rate of enzyme activity is measured by taking the slope ofthe
plot you just created. The slope indicates the change in oxygenproduction
over a change in time.
From the Analyze Menu
- Turn the Analyze Data A on, if necessary. Examine the Analyze
Data A menu item. If it is not checked, choose it to select it.
- Highlight the first linear portion of the graph. This is the
area you will use for the curve fit.
- Choose Fit.
- Click on the Linear button.
- Click on the Maintain Fit button.
- Choose Fit Results and read the value of the slope, b1.
Record the slope of the line in your data table.