The Effect of Alcohol on Biological Membranes
Procedures - Prepare the Beet
7. Now, obtain a piece of beet root from your instructor. Cut
18 squares, each 1 cm X 1 cm X
0.5 cm in size. They should be able to fit into a microwell easily,
without being wedged in. Be sure:
- There are no ragged edges.
- No piece has any of the outer skin on it.
- All of the pieces are the same size.
- The pieces do not dry out.
8. Rinse the beet pieces twice using a small amount of water.
Immediately drain off the water. This will wash off any pigment
released during the cutting process.