- To ensure fair evaluation of each student's portfolio, a standard organization is essential.
Organization and Sequence of Each Portfolio Component
- Self-reflection Sheets followed by the teacher prompt and student work must be stapled together
in one separate packet for each component.
- Pagination and logical sequence is essential.
- For each portfolio entry students must submit work using the following scheme, with the work itself on the bottom of the sequence:
- Neat, legible work ensures fair evaluation.
- Work that is typed or written clearly in pen helps prevent misinterpretation by the evaluator.
- Projects too large to be transported by the teacher to regional scoring sites should be photographed. Multiple photographs with detailed descriptions help the evaluator understand the student's
intentions and expression of scientific understanding.
- Creative pieces must be clearly labeled and explanations clearly identified.