Creating Your Own Project
First, some Ground Rules...
A. Product Plan Purpose
Each person (or group) must submit a Project Plan explaining
- what each individual will learn.
- how that learning will be demonstrated.
- how the learning will help to meet the graduation and/or college entrance requirements.
B. Project Plan Requirements
- The project plan will include rubrics and a time line.
- Students may use the attached Project Planner or choose an approved format of their own design.
- Students who do not have an approved Project Plan by the posted date will be expected to do a teacher-designed project. (Be sure to submit your plan early enough to allow time for your teacher to respond and, if necessary, for you to make corrections.)
- Products must include a provision for sharing acquired knowledge and understanding with others.
- Time line: You will be given one week for product planning and three weeks to complete the product.
- Be realistic. Select a narrow enough topic that you can realistically finish in the time allowed.
C. Project Plan Evaluation
- House teachers will make an effort to spread their time equitably among students in the house. In order to facilitate and verify this, each teacher will maintain a daily sign-up sheet for students to request help. Students who are late for signed time, or are absent, will move to the bottom of the list to reschedule.