Handout 5: Genetic Profile Worksheet
Use the genetic profile of your "child" to help you answer
the following questions.
- What experiences in your child's life will influence his or her development?
How will these experiences interact with the child's inherited traits?
- Which, if any, of the following careers do you think would be particularly
suitable for your child? Explain your answer.
- Which, if any, of the careers do you think would be particularly unsuitable
for your child? Explain your answer.
- What factors other than your child's genetic profile determine how
successful the child will be in his or her career? Explain your answer.
- Suppose your child has a high number of dominant alleles for math ability.
Does this mean your child will be a genius at math? Why or why not? What
if your child has a low number of dominant alleles for math? Does this
mean your child will never be able to add? Why or why not?
- Who should have access to a genetic profile? Give reasons for your